Sunday, February 6, 2011

3 Months...Belly, Be gone!

On May 7, 2011, our family will be heading south to the land of fairy tale, dreams, and... shorts. For those of you who have forgotten, shorts are those quarter-pant vehicles of shame that collect dust in a drawer somewhere. Those half-assed (nowadays, quite literally) agents of female agony who will not be seen in my house unless I am on Safari...near the Sahara. Even then, pants may be the wiser choice.

So indeed, the family will be vacationing at Disney to celebrate the catastrophic onslaught of birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, mother's commemorations, Fridays?, that is also known as the Lanierian Month of Pay (I mean, May).  No joke...May is crazy time, and what better way to crazy? Disney.

Needless to say, I could not be more excited, but in talking with my thighs, they have a differing opinion.  As many of you know,  I have been doing this thing called, "run-ning," which has become more of this thing called, "elipitcal-ing," with my shins being splinty and all. But, I will persist...because as much as I try to illicit legislation making shorts illegal, it doesn't fly.

Hence, I would like to invite you to (da da da...daaaaa): 3monthstoweightloss.blogspot.com

Yes, rather than create upheaval on Life of Laniers, receiving choice hate mail with the subject line: To hell with your cellulite, where's the kid? I have opted to chronicle my 3-month journey to physical fitness blog-style, and yes, maybe even procure some ye old Daisy Dukes (aka: highwater capris in the Lanierian world...as this Daisy still ain't so sure about bearing the Duke). We will explore such topics as: What works? What flops? What sucks? What's for dinner? Whose shoe is it anyway? From drab mama to fab mama. And a weekly trivia game of: how many pounds?

So come and see how much progress I am making...I can do this! Yes, I can...really, I am pretty sure. Well, here's hoping, at least...as it's out there now.

To shorts!

No comments: